The Vintage Troops

The Vintage Troops

Sunday, January 8, 2012

School Uniforms..... :(

So for anyone who doesn't have to wear a school uniform.......LUCKY YOU!
The fugly,uncomfortable, horrendous looking things are tortures to wear 5days a week.The point of them is what exactly?? Its meant to take the stress of us for trying to keep up with the jonses?Or do they just do it so we look like an army of horrific, identical looking girls! (i go to an all girls school)
Enough babbling on about my torture's school days lets talk about how to "pimp" my school uniform!

Firstly my school uniform consists of a plaid skirt (pleated),Dark coloured polo shirt (ew),and a round neck also dark jumper (ITCHY!) dark tights and dark leather shoes!
THE SKIRT.... supposedly meant to be worn below the knee?I have never seen it worn that long!I personally don't wear it very high atall!Its not very classy.I wear my skirt a size bigger and then put a elastic belt on them which keeps the skirt high up doesnt cause bulges (because of rolls in the skirt)and also pulls in the waist.
THE POLO.......tuck them into your skirt!!Hide them.Do anything to conceal the fact that you are wearing a a polo shirt!
THE JUMPER.....I wear a long sleeve top underneath so its not as frickin itchy!And i also like to pull the top sleeves of the top out of the jumper so that there's a pop of colour at the end of the boring school jumper sleeves! I also colour in the school crest which is on my school jumper,I think it looks rad!
THE TIGHTS OR SOCKS...........tights with designs on them look really cute aslong as there not to crazy! during September,October,April,May and June I like to wear knee high navy socks normally with bows on them!
THE SHOES..........last but not least (sorry for the cliche).I either wear "Dubarry"navy sailor type shoes or navy suede pumps with cute bows on them.
THE LOOK...........Hair,I like to wear it different daily!putting bows and clips and hair bands and all that jazz.Nails,keep them painted 24/7 it adds a pop of colour and makes you look girly.Make-up keep it to a minimum,bright lip gloss,colour hint of eyeliner and a lick of clear mascara is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment